Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by mini implants. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with mini implants from our Kennewick and Tri-Cities dental office can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Mini implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
Why choose implant-supported dentures from Mid-Columbia Dental?
- If you opt for implant-supported dentures, you can be more confident when you talk, laugh, and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your dentures slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue, eliminating pain and canker sores caused by traditional dentures.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- If you have dentures, you may notice that you can’t speak as clearly as you did before you received dentures. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- You’ll never need to use denture adhesives, since the dentures are held in place by the mini implants.
To learn more about implant-supported dentures and all your other tooth-replacement options, contact Mid-Columbia Dental, serving Kennewick and Tri-Cities, WA.