To All of Our Wonderful Patients,
Your health is our top priority. You need to be safe. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic caused by the Coronavirus, we are at this time only treating dental issues classified as urgent or emergency. This can be for pain, to treat dental infection, or to treat a condition that will result in a worse state if left alone for three months. All other non-urgent cases have to be scheduled at a later date. We are strictly heeding to precautions given by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Washington State Department of Health.
All Emergency dental appointments will be scheduled by email or phone. When you call, we will ask you several questions before receiving an appointment time when we can see you for your dental care. These questions include:
- History of recent travel or social contacts within the last month.
- Recent medical history for the last 14 or more days.
- Your overall medical history.
- Your dental symptoms or chief complaint.
- If you qualify for emergency dental treatment, you will be given a time and location to report for dental care.
- At your dental treatment appointment, you may be asked to repeat your answers to the questions above and may have your temperature taken.
- At your dental appointment you should also be aware that treatment could still be denied based upon the judgement of the dentist.
- You will be given a Patient Consent and Declaration form to sign.
In addition, we are continuing to stay strict in our sterilization and disinfection protocols for everybody’s safety. You can rest assured that we have ALWAYS taken these protocols very seriously, and will continue to do so.
We are also implementing new steps to ensure patients’ and staff members’ safety. This includes all digitalized paperwork, supplying each patient with hand sanitizer, a pair of gloves, and anti-viral mouth rinse prior to their appointment, touch-free transactions, high-tech air purification, and extra-oral aerosol suctions.
We hope you are staying safe and well, and please remember that we will always be here for you when you need us!
The MCD Team